Board of Directors
Organization and Operation of Internal Audit
I. The Aim of Internal Audit
The aim of internal audit is to assist the board and management in the examination and re-examination of the defects of internal control system, the effectiveness and efficiency of company operation, the reliability of financial report, and the compliance of relevant laws and regulations; meanwhile, the internal audit aims to provide timely suggestions for further improvement, ensure the continuous and effective implement of internal control system, and serve as a foundation for reviewing and correcting the internal control system, so as to enhance the sound operation of the company.
II. The Organization of Internal Audit
1. The company’s audit department is attached to the board of directors, with an internal audit supervisor under the supervision of audit committee.
2. The appointment and removal of the company’s internal audit supervisor should be approved by the board of directors and then report to financial supervisory committee for future reference through internet information system before the tenth of the following month.
3. The internal audit personnel should be qualified for lawful conditions and continue to be engaged in advanced study for specific period of time.
4. All the subsidiary companies of this group should arrange qualified and appropriate internal audit personnel according to their scale, business, management demands and relevant regulations. The company’s internal audit supervisor should take business needs into consideration and relocate internal audit personnel within subsidiary companies to implement internal audit in the company and its subsidiary companies.
Ⅲ Internal Audit Operation
1. The company’s internal audit personnel should be independent, objective, fair and profession in the implementation of duties. They should report their operation to the audit committee on a regular basis and attend the board meeting.
2. The company’s audit department is in charge of drawing up annual audit plans on the basis of the results of risk evaluation, and implement the plans after the board’s examination and approval. The same principle applies to the correction of annual audit plans.
3. Annual audit plans should involve audit projects required by financial supervisory committee. If there should be any internal control system defects and irregularities, internal audit personnel should check and attach audit working papers and relevant documents, reveal the audit report according to fact and continue to follow through, so as to ensure that relevant units have taken appropriate measures for improvement.
4. Submit audit reports and tracking reports after examination to audit committee for future reference before the end of the following month. If there should be any major violation or potentially severe damage to the company, internal audit personnel should report to audit committee for examination.
5. Every unit and every subsidiary company of the company conducts self-examination of internal control system on a yearly basis; the audit department re-examines their self-examination reports; together with the improving circumstances of internal control defects and irregularities previously discovered by audit department, these documents serve as the main foundation for the board to evaluate the effectiveness of overall internal control system and to provide the declaration of internal control system.
6. All the audit reports, tracking reports, audit working papers and relevant documents should be kept for at least five years.
7. The audit department should report in prescribed form to financial supervisory committee for future reference according to the following timeline:
(1) Report the audit plan for the following year before the end of the year.
(2) Report audit personnel register and time period for advanced study before every January.
(3) Report the audit plan implementation of the previous year before every February.
(4) Report the declaration of internal control system for the previous year before every March.
(5) Report the improvement of internal control system defects and irregularities for the previous year before every May.
Important Internal Regulations